Seeking an individual who is cool, smart as a whip and dedicated to perfection. Are you willing to be my right arm in a seriously kick-ass, super snarky retail store? Then read on, my friend…
What the job is:
Merchandise and Sales Associate Extraordinaire
What the job pays:
- 15-24 hours per week
- Minimum wage to $14 an hour; depending on experience
- Hours include evenings and weekends (mandatory)
What you'll do:
This position encompasses duties for both a musician merchandise website and also for a brick-and-mortar retail store. Duties include:
General sales associate responsibilities, such as greeting customers and responding to questions, general point-of-sale via iPad software, merchandising, handling inventory management and lighting cleaning around the store. You will be required to know the product and be able to assist customers in finding gifts.
You'll be rackin' and stackin' customer orders we receive via our website. Order monitoring, shipping packages to customers via USPS and customer service are daily occurrences in my office. The job also requires organizational skills as you will be responsible for organizing backstage meet and greets with fans; coordinating times with the tour manager and sending lists to the band.
Production-Artist abilities are also a welcome treat. While this position isn't a design position, you may be able to help out on small design responsibilities as well.
Who you need to be:
This is a safe-haven of complete ADHDness, and I am looking for someone who has a little sass and can learn very quickly without constant supervision. If you're a go-getter who takes an initiative and is eager to learn, then you're the person I want to talk to. I am looking to take the store to a higher level, and it’s imperative I hire people who believe in it as much as I do.
What you must know to even be considered:
- Mac proficient. Mac proficient. Mac proficient. If you navigate to the menu to copy and paste, you need not apply. If you know what command+shift+option+V means…you may be pushed to the top of the application pile.
- Microsoft Office and Numbers
- Well-written. You'll be doing hours of emailing fans about this, that and the other thing.
- Slack-free. No, I don't mean your pants. I'm not the type to put up with a slacker. Consider yourself forewarned. Seriously. No, go back and read that again. This is woman-owned business and hath no furry as a woman who catches her employees doing something that isn’t good for her business.
- We kinda cuss here. In fact, probably 50% of the products have some kind of irreverent humor. It’s why customers shop here, so you must be comfortable with the all the various usages of the F-bomb (who actually writes this in a job description?! )
- Design-production experience can be an incredible plus in your favor (Adobe Creative Suite). Are you a design student? Cause I may be able to teach you a little somethin' somethin'.
- Equal opportunity. We absolutely do not discriminate. LGBTQ friendly, all the way.
**Kindly re-read the responsibilities to this position before applying. This is not a design position, but a sales associate position for a merchandise business and retail store. Some production/design experience could be very helpful but is not the main requirement. Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Start date will be in August.